University of Amsterdam Graduate School of Social Sciences is inviting applications for International merit awards in the Netherlands. Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for programmes .
The Amsterdam merit awards (AMS) has specifically been designed by the Universiteit van Amsterdam to offer talented and hard-working non-EU/EEA students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the academic fields covered by the UvA. The AMS program is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation may receive a scholarship.
User Review( votes)
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. As from September 2007, outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are awarded for pursuing a master’s program at the University of Amsterdam.
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered in diverse fields within the Graduate School of Social Sciences to help students in upgrading their education.
- Award: The scholarship consists of an amount equal to the tuition fee. Please note that the program cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver. The applicant must still pay the full amount of tuition due. Scholarship holders will receive their grant in monthly installments. Selected AMS candidates may receive a top-up award in the form of the Holland Scholarship. Selection is based on academic merit first, and financial need second (as demonstrated by the financial plan submitted during application).
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from outside the European Economic Area
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for programmes .
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates wishing to take part in the Amsterdam Merit program must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; for more information please refer to: www.DUO.nl) and/or the low tuition fee. The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible “Studiefinanciering” support, throughout the academic year.
- Be fully admitted to a degree program at the Graduate School of Social Sciences. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her degree program.
- Be admitted to a Master’s program at the Graduate School of Social Sciences for the first time. AMS will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Bachelor’s or Master’s program at the University of Amsterdam. AMS will also not be awarded to candidates having to complete a preparatory programme first.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations.
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the program for which The grant is awarded.
- The candidate should not receive a full coverage funding for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship. Notify The grants office when another fully-funded position has been awarded and accepted.
- Scholarship continuation for subsequent year(s) of study depends upon satisfactory study progress. The program you will be enrolled in, as it depends on the curriculum and rules and regulations of the department, sets the standard for satisfactory progress, and the time and manner in which progress will be measured. Please be advised that you are expected to gain approximately 80% of credits in any one year.
The program you wish to apply for might set extra requirements such as academic and language requirements.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
How to Apply: Applicants can submit your application by completing the following steps:
- Submit your application for the Master program of your choice. Note that your application needs to be complete, so with all required documents including valid language test scores.
- Receive your UvA student number and master application file number
- Fill out and submit the application form for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (you will need both your UvA student number and master application file number.)