The University of Amsterdam Graduate School of Social Sciences is inviting applicants for the Amsterdam International merit awards in the Netherlands. Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for programmes .
The Amsterdam merit awards (AMS) has specifically been designed by the Universiteit van Amsterdam to offer talented and hard-working non-EU/EEA students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the academic fields covered by the UvA. The AMS program is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation may receive a scholarship.
A valuable program for international students in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. As from September 2007, outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are awarded for pursuing a master’s program at the University of Amsterdam.
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered in diverse fields within the Graduate School of Social Sciences to help students in upgrading their education.
- Award: The scholarship consists of an amount equal to the tuition fee. Please note that the program cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver. The applicant must still pay the full amount of tuition due. Scholarship holders will receive their grant in monthly instalments. Selected AMS candidates may receive a top-up award in the form of the Holland Scholarship.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from outside the European Economic Area
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for programmes .
- Entrance Requirements:
- Candidates wishing to take part in the Amsterdam Merit programme must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans and/or the low tuition fee..
- Be fully admitted to a degree programme at the Graduate School of Social Sciences. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her degree programme.
- Be admitted unconditionally to a Master’s programme of the Graduate School of Social Sciences, and this programme being the first programme for the applicant, either on bachelor level or master level, in The Netherlands.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations.
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which The grant is awarded.
- How to Apply: Applicants can submit your application by completing the following steps:
- Submit your application for the Master program of your choice.
- Fill out and submit the application form for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship. You will need to upload the following documents:
- scan of the identity page of the passport
- letter of motivation
- financial plan
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).