Applications are invited for Education Internship within the department of Innovation Lab in UK for the year 2017. Interns must be degree educated, with sound desk based research experience and the ability to share their findings in short and sharp research reports and blogs. This is a paid internship programme offered to international students. The duration of internship is 6 months which runs from Friday 7 April 2017 and end date Friday 6 Oct 2017.
Field of Internship: Education Team Internship within the department of Innovation Lab.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Nesta at University College London
Internship can be taken in Blackfriars, London (UK)
User Review( votes)
Eligibility: The Candidate
- An inquisitive mind with an interest in education and innovation (education or tech knowledge desirable).
- Degree educated, with sound desk based research experience and the ability to share your findings in short and sharp research reports and blogs.
- Aptitude for co-ordinating events with the public / different stakeholders. (experience desirable)
- A completer-finisher, organised and with a good attention to detail
- A self-starter, willing to get stuck in, chase up leads and pick up the phone when needed
- Good interpersonal skills: pro-active in listening, working with others and contributing to meetings
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint & Excel, using web for research and social media). Experience with Google docs and Google mail would be advantageous.
Internship Open for International Students: International students eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Yes, London Living Wage £9.75 – £365.63 per week will be awarded.
Internship Description: Nesta is an innovation charity with a mission to help people and organisations bring great ideas to life. Funded by an endowment, Nesta works in the UK and abroad on a wide variety of projects and topics. We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join the education team in Nesta’s Innovation Lab. The next century will see rapid technological change. Thirty-five per cent of jobs are at risk of computerisation within the next 20 years, so the jobs we know today will not be the jobs of tomorrow. At Nesta, we’re interested in what skills and subjects to teach for this automated future as well as how technology can empower teachers and enable effective learning.
Internship Duration: The duration of internship is 6 months which runs from Friday 7 April 2017 and end date Friday 6 Oct 2017.
Notification: All of the successful candidates will be notified of the application process by the 16th March 2017.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Application Process:
- Applicants should apply with their most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
- All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London’s Internship Team.
- Once the Internships team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the most suitable candidates.
- All of the successful candidates will be notified of the application process by the 16th March 2017.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is March 12, 2017.