A PhD scholarship is available in the LIFETRACK project, Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen (UCPH). The PhD scholarship is part of the research project “Life-Course Dynamics of Educational Tracking” (LIFETRACK), which is a large, joint project with other European countries.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second-oldest institution of higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: award is available for pursuing PhD program.
Study Subject: award is awarded in the LIFETRACK project, Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen (UCPH).
Award: PhD students are paid a salary in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). The PhD student has a work obligation of up to 840 hours over the 3 year period of time without additional pay. The work obligation can include for instance teaching.
The award can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility: The successful applicant is expected to have a
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in sociology or related social sciences,
- Experience with working with administrative registers (such as the Danish Administrative Registers), and
- Proven skills in econometric methods, especially those designed to test causal hypotheses.
Previous experience in the field of educational stratification and inequality is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a master’s degree (or equivalent) in sociology or related social sciences,
How to Apply: The application should include:
- A description of the proposed research (maximum five pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Transcript of Master’s degree Diploma and grades.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their Master’s degree, but who have submitted their thesis, must include documentation that the thesis is approved.
Application Deadline: Closed