The Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow are inviting applications for joint four-year Ph.D. studentships, for entry in academic year 2019/20. This scholarship is open to home, EU and international students.
The Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow are research-intensive institutions with a combined population of over 5,000 postgraduate research students.
Admirable opportunity for home, EU, and international students.
User Review( votes)
Their researchers investigate a range of fundamental and applied disciplines, from improving the health of human and animals in the UK and globally to understanding the causes of inequalities, deprivation, and marginalization.
Why at The University of Edinburgh? The university is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination, and curation of knowledge.
University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
Course Level: Ph.D. program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Home, EU, and international students
The program can be taken in the UK
Application Deadline: January 21, 2019
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- This scholarship is open to home, EU and international students.
- Applications are invited from outstanding students from any location.
- International students should note that the difference between Home/EU fees and international fees will be covered by the student.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Prospective students should review the list of potential project proposals. Applicants should register their details online.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow Ph.D. Studentship Application Form (120.5 KB Word), Two references, Degree transcripts, Evidence of English language proficiency.
- Language Requirements: All students of every nationality are required to prove their English language competence. Even native speakers of English must demonstrate that they meet our minimum language requirements to gain entry to the university. University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the university, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test center. Applicants who require an IELTS test as part of an application for degree-level studies may take this test at any IELTS center.
The University has 12 scholarships available covering a stipend, tuition fees at Home/EU rates and travel funds.
- 4 years stipend at UKRI rates (estimated to be in the region of £15,000 for 2019/20)
- Annual research support budget of £2,000
- Travel support costs of £1,000
- Tuition fee waiver at Home/EU rates