Applications are open for the IDP Outstanding Achievement Scholarships organized by the University of Birmingham. The grant is open for Singaporean students applying for entry to a full-time undergraduate degree program at the University of Birmingham UK campus.
The Award is for £3000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full-time undergraduate degree program at the University starting September 2019.
User Review( votes)
Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterized by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives.
- Applications Deadline: June 14, 2019
- Course Level: These opportunities are open to pursuing an undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: These financial aid positions will be awarded in the field of Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Award: The Award is for £3000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2019.
- Nationality: Singaporean applicants are eligible.
- Number of Awards: There are two scholarships available.
- The award can be taken in the UK
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to students from Singapore.
- Entrance Requirements: Note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this application .
- In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time undergraduate programme starting September 2019. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Singapore domiciled and a Singaporean national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment and should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2019, the Award may not be deferred. Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – IDP Singapore.
- To apply for the opportunity students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with IDP Singapore by 14 June 2019.
How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with IDP by 14 June 2019. Selection for the award will be based on academic performance. Students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held in July 2019 (date TBC) in Singapore. The financial aid positions will be announced shortly after the interview.
The full support will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2019. Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham are not eligible for the award.