The University of Birmingham is awarding scholarships for full-time UK, EU and international students in 2019 academic year. These scholarships are available for pursuing LLB program.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to the UK.
Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterized by a tradition of innovation, research at the university has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives. Three A-levels at grades AAA or equivalent obtained at one sitting. Re-sits are considered on a case by case basis.
Applicants for the LLB for graduates require a 2:1 in the UK honours degree or equivalent. The university is also happy to consider candidates with a high 2:2 grade. If the first language is not English applicants must provide an English language qualification. Recognised qualifications include IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any band. If applicants need to improve their level of English in order to meet the minimum entry-level requirement applicants may be able to attend one of the full-time courses run by English for International Students Unit.
- Application Deadline: May 24, 2019
- Course Level: These awards are open to worldwide students for a graduate program at the University of Birmingham.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in the field of law at the University of Birmingham.
List of Subjects: LLB , LLB for Graduates, LLB International Law and Globalisation, LLB with Business, LLB with Criminology, LLB with French Law, LLB with German Law
- Scholarship Award: Birmingham Law School is offering scholarships of £3,000 p.a to home/EU and international applicants.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: UK/EU and international students
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU and international students can apply for these LLB scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: The LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarships will be available to students who are:
- International applicants
Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Not already registered on a law programme
Applicants must not currently be enrolled on a undergraduate law degree course at Birmingham.
You must be self-funding and have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- In receipt of an offer
You must have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as your firm choice for a full-time undergraduate law programme starting September 2019. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- International applicants
- English Language Requirements: If the first language is not English applicants must provide an English language qualification. Recognised qualifications include IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any band. If applicants need to improve their level of English in order to meet the minimum entry-level requirement applicants may be able to attend one of the full-time courses run by English for International Students Unit.
How to Apply: To be considered for an award, applicants must, by the Friday 24 May 2019 deadline, have done both of the following:
- Made an application to their intended undergraduate law programme. Please apply through UCAS via the relevant programme page on the undergraduate law section of the University of Birmingham website.
- Completed the LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarship application form.
The application includes a 2000 character (approximately 300 word) statement, in which students should address why they should be made an award. You must include your UCAS ID number in your application.