UCT Graduate School of Business is offering Bertha Centre Scholarships for pursuing MBA (both full-time and the modular programme), the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation, and PhD programmes.
Candidates must be South African or African citizens or must have been a permanent resident in South Africa or an African country for at least one year prior to applying.
A great offer for African citizens to study in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
GSB strengthens its commitment to transformation and equality and UCT’s strategic goal to address key development challenges facing Africa.
The Graduate School of Business is the business school of the University of Cape Town, South Africa’s oldest university.
- Application Deadline: October 31.
- Course Level: MBA (both full-time and the modular programme), the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation, and PhD programmes.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Covers full or partial costs of the MBA (both full-time and the modular programme) and MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programmes at the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business. The scholarship entails joining an illustrious cohort of alumni and a thriving community of dynamic change-makers. Being a scholar is about joining a collective, as much as it is about propelling your own professional and personal trajectory.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: South African or African citizens or must have been a permanent resident in South Africa or an African country
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Candidates must be South African or African citizens or must have been a permanent resident in South Africa or an African country for at least one year prior to applying.
- Entrance Requirements: You are eligible for a Bertha Scholarship:
- if you meet the admission requirements of the university for your selected course of study.
- if you are an African citizen or permanent resident.
- if you are an entrepreneur who has started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social and/or economic change.
- if you are an intrapreneur who has worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation.
- if you demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your field.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: You must first be eligible, comply with and apply for the MBA or MPhil programmes entrance requirements at the UCT Graduate School of Business. You would then submit the Bertha Centre Scholarship Application Form which should include:
- Submit your MBA or MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programme application before the respective deadlines to the GSB.
- Submit the GSB Scholarship Application Form which should include:
- Your UCT GSB application number received from the GSB Admissions Office
- Your contact details and your CV uploaded.
- Your answers to the three essay questions, which shows how the degree programme at this stage in your career will help to accelerate impact in your area of work/interest and how it will contribute to society as a whole.
- Your short [no longer than four minutes] video.
- In the choice of scholarship on the application form, remember to select the option for Focus on Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship (Bertha Scholarship).