Passionate students who want to pursue a PhD programme abroad are being given an amazing opportunity funded by the University of Copenhagen in the form of International PhD Fellowships in Epitope.
The fellowship is open to international applicants who wish to undertake a PhD degree programme in the field of Immunology and Microbiology and will be a part of the ongoing project mainly focused on malaria and its vaccine.
The University of Copenhagen, a public research university that is ranked among the top public universities in Copenhagen and is also ranked 76th in QS Global World Rankings 2021 holds a mission to deliver internationally leading teaching and research which enable Denmark to become exceptionally good at creating value with IT.
Why choose the University of Copenhagen? The University of Copenhagen is the largest educational institution in Denmark with an international environment and reach. It offers the students assistance with admission, housing, student counselling etc and additionally offers orientation programmes including various social events.
Application Deadline: May 23, 2021
- University or Organization: The University of Copenhagen
- Department: Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: 27,780 DKK
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All international entrants are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programme in Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences in the field of malaria vaccine development at Department of Immunology and Microbiology are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must write a PhD thesis on the grounds of their project.
- Candidates must be accepted in the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply to the university through its online a by creating an account and completing the application process. They are required to submit the application form
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page)
- CV incl. education, experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- Master of Science diploma and transcript of records. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor will do
- Publication list (if possible)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must check and fulfil the admission guidelines to be admitted at UCH for the fellowship.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must submit scores of the following English language proficiency:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 83
- TOEFL PBT – 560
- CAE – Passed at level C1 or C2
- Cambridge Proficiency – Passed at level C1 or C2
The successfully selected applicants will be provided with a PhD Fellowship at the University of Copenhagen with a salary range starting at 27,780 DKK /approx. 3,730 EUR and a pension scheme as well. These figures also stand negotiable.