The University of Copenhagen is currently accepting applications for the PhD International Scholarship in Bioinformatics of Human Adaptation. The scholarship is awarded to students from all around the world for the academic session 2020-2021.
The funding program supports talented students who have experience in working with large-scale genetic data, including low depth sequencing data.
Nice offer for talented international students to get financial support for PhD study.
User Review( votes)
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. It offers more than 200 academic programs for study in varies fields including health sciences, humanities, law, life sciences, etc.
Why at the University of Copenhagen? The university is dedicated to providing research-based education at the highest academic level. Here, students will have the opportunity to advance their international career as part of a world-class research team.
Application Deadline: June 8, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Department of Biology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: DKK 331.125+DKK 53,811
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Bioinformatics of Human Adaptation.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- MSc degree in bioinformatics, statistical genetics, or a related quantitative field.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Completed formal courses in basic programming.
- Completed formal courses in analysis of large genetic data sets including NGS data.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must fill and submit the online application form. Before it, applicants are required to become a part of the University of Copenhagen as a PhD student at the Department of Biology.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a cover letter, CV, diploma, and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc), other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any).
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have experience and a strong interest in population genetics and statistical genetics. In addition to this, candidates must also have experience with the programming languages R and C/C++.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 331.125 (approx. €43,750) including annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,811). Negotiation for a salary supplement is possible.