The University of Copenhagen is offering one PhD scholarship at the Department of Anthropology. The position is available to a PhD student for a project on the enchantment of nature, starting from 1 April, or as soon as possible thereafter.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application deadline: January 10, 2018
Course Level: award is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: award is awarded in the field of Anthropology.
Award: PhD students are paid a salary in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). The PhD student has a work obligation of up to 840 hours over the 3 year period of time without additional pay. The work obligation can include for instance teaching.
Number of Awards: Not given
The award can be taken in Denmark
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Ethnographic fieldwork experience
- Language skills in English and a Scandinavian language
- Knowledge of literature relating to the anthropology of religion and/or the anthropology of the environment
- Good interpersonal skills
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command over English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- The application must include:
- A reserarch proposal (must not exceed 3 pages, app. 8,000 keystrokes) including foot notes, but excluding the literature list
- A time plan (study plan)
- A budget
- A detailed CV (covering both academic and practical work experience)
- Documentation of academic degrees and grades
- A list of publications (if any), and up to three names of references.
Publications and letters of recommendation should not be submitted. Applicants should carefully read the general information about the terms of being a PhD student in the department, and in particular they are strongly advised to follow the overall guidelines for PhD proposals to the Department, not least in terms of the presentation of methods and the practical feasibility of the study proposed for this position.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.