Doctoral students who desire to conduct research in an excellent environment are invited by the University of Giessen to participate in its Doctoral Scholarships. The scholarship programme is organised for the academic year 2023-2024.
The students identified as international applicants from countries listed by DAAD are eligible to apply for this application . They must be citizens of the said international country. Up to six students will be granted this application towards their undertaken PhD study programme at the University of Giessen for one year. The grant is valued at €1,468.00 per month.
Valuable offer for highly talented students on their tuition fees at the University of Giessen in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1607, the University of Giessen is a modern institution, a large public research university in Giessen, Hesse, Germany. It is officially named Justus Liebig University Giessenafter the most famous faculty member, Justus von Liebig, the founder of modern agricultural chemistry and inventor of artificial fertiliser. The university ranks 475thin Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the University of Giessen? The University of Giessen is among the oldest institutions of higher education in the German-speaking world that takes pride in some four centuries of past achievement. It is also the university with the highest proportion of women students and energetically promotes an equal-opportunity policy and the lasting integration of women in the knowledge system.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the first stage of application is 1st February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Giessen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: €1,468.00
- Number of Awards: 6
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for a PhD degree programme at the University of Giessen.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be residents of one of the listed by DAAD.
- The applicants must have graduated with excellent marks.
- The applicants must propose a research project of outstanding academic quality which contributes substantially to one or more of the university‡s research areas.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for PhD admission at the University of Giessen must be made online. The applicants must register on the application portal to apply for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- a motivation letter
- a short abstract of your research project
- a current curriculum vitae;
- two letters of recommendation from university professors
- copies of school and university certificates
- a dissertation project proposal
- a detailed schedule
- a digital copy of M.A.-thesis
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have completed their Master‡s degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fluent in English or German. Knowledge of both languages is an advantage and should be acquired during the membership/scholarship period. German language skills up to level B1 are required.
The University of Giessen will award the successfully selected candidates a aid amount of €1,468.00 per month for up to a maximum of two years of study. Additionally, parents will also receive a child allowance.