The University of Leeds is pleased to offer master scholarships for September 2016 entry. These scholarships are available to UK students at the School of Mechanical Engineering.
The aim of the scholarship is to encourage students from under-represented groups to embark on a postgraduate qualification. The Scholarships are funded by the Footsteps Fund.
User Review( votes)
The overarching aim of establishing the University of Leeds was to transform the public higher education to improve quality and efficiency of teaching and learning, creating a world-class higher learning institution.
If English is not applicants’ first language, they will need a recognised English Language qualification to be admitted onto any of the University’s degree programmes.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded at the School of Mechanical Engineering.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship worth £5,000 paid in cash instalments over the duration of an eligible qualification.
Scholarship can be taken at the UK
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Any masters students who can either evidence an individual, gross taxable income during the 2014/15 tax year of no more than £36,275 (Greater London region) or £22,668 (rest of the UK) or were in receipt of a Maintenance Grant/Special Support Grant/Assembly Learning Grant/Welsh Government Learning Grant/SAAS Bursary for at least one year of their undergraduate studies.
- Commence a full-time, part-time or distance learning Masters programme of no more than two years duration, at the University of Leeds beginning September 2016. This must lead directly to an MA, MBA, med, mmus, MPH, mres, msc or LLM qualification
- Be a UK student paying postgraduate tuition fees at the UK rate.
- Not already hold a Master degree.
- Not have postgraduate tuition fees covered for a student for example by an employer or public funding body (eg NHS/NHSBSA).
Nationality: UK students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be commencing their master’s studies in September 2016, be self-funding, classified as a UK student, and not already hold a Masters degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: If English is not applicants’ first language, they will need a recognised English Language qualification to be admitted onto any of the University’s degree programmes.
How to Apply: Applicants will need to submit:
- University of Leeds nine-digit Student ID number (if known)
- Personal contact details (including name/address/phone number/email address etc)
- Information on family HE experience (institution/course details/course dates)
- Information regarding personal circumstances (including financial eligibility information)
- Educational information (GCSE school/year, Undergraduate education (where applicable), and Postgraduate course details).
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is 10 June 2016