Would you like to turn your dream of studying higher education in the UK into a reality? Apply for the Manchester Department of Mathematics Scholarship Award for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The studentship program is open for domestic and international students undertaking study in a postgraduate research program of 3.5 years in Mathematics.
Great chance to study with a funding program in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded on 22 October 2004, the University of Manchester is a public research university in the UK. As the UK’s third-largest university, it is located in Manchester, England. It is divided into three faculties, each sub-divided into schools.
Why study at the University of Manchester? Studying at the University of Manchester for a degree, students will gain a passport to a successful life and career. Manchester offers an education that will equip students for future success and inspire them to make a difference.
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted all year round.
- University or Organization: University of Manchester
- Department: Mathematics
- Course Level: Postgraduate research
- Award: Tuition fees and maintenance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 6-10
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, including the United Kingdom
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for 3.5 year PhD program in Mathematics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study: full-time and part-time.
- This funding is available to all nationalities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students who apply for EPSRC funding are automatically considered for this funding.
- Applicants should highlight on their PHD application form that they wish to be considered for an EPSRC DTA Award or a Department Scholarship Award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following:
- Applicants have evidence of prior academic qualifications to hand, such as certificates or transcripts to show that they meet, or expect to meet the entry requirements.
- Identify two referees who can comment on their previous academic background and suitability for the course they are applying for.
- Provide evidence of English language ability, if English is not the first language.
- Prepare a research proposal/piece of academic writing, if required.
- Prepare a personal statement/statement of purpose, if required.
- Prepare your CV – this is required for certain funded or project-linked awards
- Admission Requirements: First class honours degree, or possibly a good upper second class honours degree in Mathematics at master’s level or an appropriate related discipline. Choose and make contact with the potential supervisor.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the UK usually need to meet specific English language requirements in order to study at the University of Manchester.
The University of Manchester will provide 6-10 awards available per academic year. The benefits are as the following:
- Home Students: Tuition fees and maintenance.
- International Students: Tuition fees only.