The University of Otago has set up a very beneficial International Pathway Scholarship scheme indented to attract and assist promising international students to acquire education in New Zealand.
This scholarship package will benefit to only those students who are applying for the University of Otago Foundation Year programme in the academic year 2020-21.
This support will alleviate the cost of study for all eligible candidates.
User Review( vote)
The University of Otago is a progressive and modern higher education institution educating students since 1869. It officially started operations in 1871. Over the years, the University of Otago has become one of the top 1% of universities in the world. The university includes four campuses that are loaded with facilities.
Why study at the University of Otago? The university is deemed New Zealand’s top university for educational performance. It provides its students with a variety of academic programmes which are taught by some of the best lecturers and professors of the country. Apart from this, its campus is named as one of the most beautiful campuses in the world.
Application Deadline: Throughout the year
- University or Organization: University of Otago
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Foundation Year
- Award: NZ$4,000 for tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: International students are invited
- Eligible Course or Subjects: University of Otago foundation year programme in any field
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates should not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents; and
- Candidates should have an offer of a place for the University of Otago Foundation Year.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants need to enrol in a foundation year programme at the University of Otago before the deadline. There is no separate application for this application . Applicants can describe their interest in the program in their introduction letter that must be sent with the application for admission.
- Supporting Documents: The following must be sent as supporting materials of application:
- A brief letter of introduction, requesting the program. Applicants must also describe their academic achievements to date, their work habits and their academic goals in this letter
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and award
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement
- A copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: Admission requirements are varied depending on your nationality. Please go through this link to get more information.
- Language Requirement: If you are a non-native English speaker, then you can provide proof of your proficiency in the English language through one of the following courses:
- IELTS Indicator
- iBT TOEFL
- TOEFL (Paper-Based)
- TOEFL (Computer-Based)
- Cambridge FCE
- Cambridge CAE
- Cambridge CPE
- Duolingo English Test
- GCE O-Level English
- GCE A-Level English
- HK CEE (English Syllabus B)
- HK ALE (Use of English)
- SPM Bahasa Inggeris
- Pearson Test of English (Academic).
This support will give the award of NZ$4,000 to help students with tuition fees so that they can focus on their education.