Are you wishing to acquire higher education in journalism but confused about how to support your study? Don’t worry! The University of Sheffield is all set to help students like you with its Dan Walker Journalism Scholarship.
This excellent program will consist of not just two scholarships worth £10,000 each but also periods of work experience in journalism and production and advice from Dan.
A nice opportunity for students to support study in Journalism.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, England. It was opened in 1897 and gained its royal charter in 1905. It houses currently 28,000 representing over 120 countries. It provides undergraduate and graduates degree program in a variety of subjects.
Why study at the University of Sheffield? With a world-renowned reputation for innovation, teaching and excellence, it is a leading university of UK. It is named in the list of world’s top universities by the QS World University Rankings.
Application Deadline: 24 June 2020
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: Department of Journalism Studies
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Awards: £10,000 each
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and EU students will be accepted for this application
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Students who belong to the UK and European Union countries can apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for postgraduate courses in the subject of journalism.
- Eligibility Criteria: To determine where you are ideal for this application or not, check the following criteria, which is minimum:
- Must hold an offer of a place, or wish to apply, for MA Broadcast Journalism at the University of Sheffield
- Must be domiciled in the UK or European Union (EU) and not charged international rate fees
- Must be not already qualified at masters level, or higher
- Must be self-funding
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Application is divided into two parts depending on whether or not you already hold an offer of a place on MA Broadcast Journalism for entry in September 2020.
- If you are a current student of the university, then, click here and login by using your University of Sheffield account.
- If you don’t hold an offer of admission in this course, then firstly apply for this course. After being enrolled, you can apply for this application . For more information on how to apply, check the admission requirements section.
- Supporting Documents: There is no need for supporting documents to include in your application. However, for admission you will need to have documents like a transcript, copy of passport, copy of English certificate and a statement.
- Admission Requirements: Apply by using universities’ postgraduate online application form. Apart from this, you will need to upload documents such as evidence of your previous qualifications, and a personal statement to support your application. Get more information here.
- Language Requirement: Applicants who are applying for a postgraduate program at Sheffield are expected to achieve a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
The University of Sheffield is awarding two scholarships of £10,000 each for winning students to support their studies at the Department of Journalism.