The University of Sheffield is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students of high academic ability for September 2019 entry. Scholarships are available for international students to pursue an undergraduate degree level.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Scholarships are awarded to undertake an undergraduate program at the university. Scholarships are tenable in the Faculties of Engineering, Science, Arts and Humanities, and the School of Law.
Wonderful opportunity for international students to get an undergraduate program.
User Review( votes)
The University aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarships specifically for international students. It was founded over a hundred years ago, founded on the aspirations and financial support of the people of Sheffield.
Why at The University of Sheffield? Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. The university is organized into five academic faculties composed of multiple departments.
University or Organization: The University of Sheffield
Course Level: Undergraduate program
Award: 50% tuition fee
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in the UK
Application Deadline: 14 June 2019
Each of scholarships has its own set of eligibility criteria which you should check carefully to make sure you are eligible before you apply. The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- The scholarships will be awarded unconditionally in the first year of studies. Receipt of the award in subsequent years of study is subject to the achievement of a 60% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- The scholarships will not be applied during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- The Scholarships will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The Alumni Reward can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- International students are eligible to apply for these Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years. All applications for undergraduate study in the UK, including The University of Sheffield, must be made through an organization called Universities and Colleges Admissions Service or UCAS. All applications must be made online through the UCAS website.
- Supporting Material: -All applications must be made online through the UCAS website for undergraduate programs. Applicants have to write a personal statement.
- Admission Requirement: A variety of qualifications can be considered for direct admission to undergraduate bachelor degree programs: A-Levels, International Baccalaureate and Other Qualifications (If you have other qualifications such as the Higher Certificate (Part 1), Higher Certificate (Part 2) or Certificates or Diplomas for degree-level entry.)
- Language Requirements: There are high entrance requirements for undergraduate degree programs at Sheffield reflect the quality of the University. Applicants may be required to take an internationally recognized English language test such as IELTS.
- Each scholarship is worth 50% of the Undergraduate annual tuition fee.
- This is guaranteed in the first year of study and is available in each subsequent year, excluding any years in industry or years abroad, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year – this applies to all undergraduate programs except Medicine and Dentistry.
- The scholarships are worth £2,500 per year each for Engineering and Science. The scholarships are worth £2,000 per year each for Law and Arts.