University of Southampton is offering free online course on Digital Marketing: Challenges and Insights. This course is intended for those with an interest in digital marketing, and does not require any previous experience of the subject.
This MOOC takes an informal “story telling” approach, encouraging applicants to share their own stories as consumers and/or marketers. The course will start from October 17, 2016.
User Review( votes)
Course at a Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: Digital Marketing
Institution: University of Southampton and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts October 17, 2016
Southampton is a place for ambitious people keen to stretch their intellectual abilities and help change the world. From the birthplace of the technologies which drive the Internet to ground-breaking medical breakthroughs in conditions such as cancer, Alzheimer’s and asthma, the University of Southampton has spent the last 60 years changing the world.
About This Course
This short course introduces you to exciting new concepts and applications of digital marketing. It takes an informal “story telling” approach, encouraging you to share your own stories as consumers and/or marketers for the benefit of the learner group as a whole.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
University will focus on emerging trends in digital culture and online consumer behaviour, data analytics and privacy. Throughout the course, we examine the implications of these developments for both marketers and consumers.
- Week 1 will introduce you to the course, the tutors and how it all works. We will examine the evolving changes in how we behave online and what this means for the organisations we support and do business with.
- Week 2 will discuss developments in the technologies we use and the relationship between “online” and “offline” – is this still a meaningful distinction?
- Week 3 will examine the opportunities and challenges in obtaining value from the vast amounts of social data now generated, at a time when much uncertainty still exists about personal privacy and control of online assets.
This course is intended for those with an interest in digital marketing, and does not require any previous experience of the subject. However, the depth of thinking and analysis will be at an undergraduate level, thus making this an ideal taster course should you be:
- Considering whether to pursue a more formal study programme in this subject area
- Wondering if digital marketing is the career for you
- Currently working in a more “traditional” marketing role and wanting to find out more about what’s changing
Teaches digital literacy & digital marketing @UniSouthampton. Deputy Director Web Science Institute. Fascinated by disruptive technology in business & education.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).