With the aiming of encouraging and support students, the University of Surrey is providing Newtons’ funding for UK/EU Students.
The fund is established for those eligible candidates who wish to pursue the undergraduate degree coursework in the described mathematics courses at the University of Surrey.
Excellent opportunity for UK and EU students
User Review( votes)
The University of Surrey was previously known as Battersea College of Technology. It has been awarded three Queen’s Anniversary Prizes for its research. It provides higher education for London’s poorer inhabitants. It was ranked 7th in the world for research partnerships with employers in the QS World Employability Rankings.
Why at the University of Surrey? The university provides advice and a range of services to empower you with the skills and knowledge to plan for your future career and successfully transition from student into professional.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
- University or Organization: University of Surrey
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor degree
- Award: £3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: UK and EU students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Bachelor degree in Economics and Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Mathematics, Mathematics and Physics, Mathematics with Music and Mathematics with Statistics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, the applicant must have to achieve AAA at A level, excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking (or equivalent*) and select the University of Surrey as your first choice. Applicant must have a family income of less than £30,000.
- Candidate must have equivalent grades are as follows: AAA at A-Level (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or 36 points in the International Baccalaureate or D*DD in the BTEC (QCF level 3) Extended Diploma or AAAAB in Scottish Highers plus AA in Scottish Advanced Highers in relevant subjects or A2A2A2A2A2A2 in Irish Highers or D3, D3, M1 in the principle subjects in the Cambridge Pre-U.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For taking advantages of this bursary, aspirants are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the university. After taking confirmation, seekers can submit the award application form to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Must attach a statement detailing why you wish to be considered for the Newtons’Scholarship, how the program would make a difference to you and your higher education experience, your motivation, and enthusiasm for studying your chosen subject.
- Admission Requirements: applying at the University, claimants need to meet the minimum entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: All students need a good standard of English language to be eligible to study with the university.
Benefits: The studentship provides £3,000 a year for three years (plus £1,000 for a Professional Training placement, if taken).