Awards provide students with an opportunity to be educated. So for helping students, the University of Sydney is providing the Postgraduate Research international awards. The programme is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
The educational award encourages students who want to conduct research in plant-pathogen interactions causing myrtle rust.
Get an educational fund to study in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. It is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. It is known as one of Australia’s six sandstone universities.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The university provides a broad range of disciplines and its research focuses on finding solutions to society’s biggest challenges. At this university, applicants can develop their passion and interest in established industries and emerging fields of specialization.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: $35,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate Research degree programme in plant-pathogen interactions causing myrtle rust.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled or have an unconditional offer of admission to study a full-time PhD
- Be willing to conduct research into plant-pathogen interactions, specifically in the pathogen causing myrtle rust
- Hold an honours degree (first-class or second class upper) or a master’s degree in a relevant discipline with a substantial research component
- Have a background or interest in: plant molecular biology, plant disease resistance and plant fungal pathogens, computational and genome biology and scripting languages such as Python or R
- If you are an international applicant, be able to meet the costs of tuition and the costs of any travel or quarantine arrangements required by the University of Sydney or any Australian State or Federal Government Agency.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity s, applicants must take admission at the University of Sydney. After getting enrolled, applicants must complete and submit an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Must provide degree certificates, academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, and previous research experience with your application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements
This support will provide a stipend allowance of $35,000 per annum (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.