Just starting to think about going to university? Need financial support to complete a degree in Canada? Apply for the President’s Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship at the University of Winnipeg.
The award opportunity is open to current and incoming students in graduate programs for the 2023-2024 academic year. The funding program is designed to assist graduate students with the direct costs of their education.
Nice offer to study at Winnipeg University.
User Review( votes)
The University of Winnipeg offers a full range of programs, including bachelor’s and graduate degrees, English language programs, post-graduate diplomas, certificates, and applied and joint programs with other colleges and universities.
Why study at the University of Winnipeg? Winnipeg’s mission is to promote and support graduate education and research, to foster excellence in graduate programs at the University. Its graduate programs offer a broad range of opportunities for graduate students with unique professional and educational objectives.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- University or Organization: University of Winnipeg
- Department: All
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: Cost of studies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the graduate program:
- Applied Computer Science and Society; Applied Economics; Bioscience, Technology, and Public Policy; Criminal Justice, Cultural Studies; Environmental and Social Change; Indigenous Governance; Master in Management; Master’s in Development Practice: Indigenous Development; Master of Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have achieved a GPA of 3.75/4.5 in most recent 60 credit hours (approximately two years of full-time study)
- Applicants must be enrolling full-time in the first year of an eligible one-year graduate program as of May or September of the current calendar year, or January of the upcoming calendar year, or
- Applicants must enroll full-time in the first or second year of an eligible two-year graduate program as of May or September of the current calendar year or January of the upcoming calendar year.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for a graduate program, students submit their personal information and required documents using the online application form.
- A complete application includes: a completed online application form, along with all supporting documents, and two letters of support sent directly by referees to graduateawards[at]uwinnipeg.ca
- Supporting Documents: The online application asks students to include the following supporting documents:
- A one-page (max. 500 words) plan of study or research proposal
- A curriculum vitae (CV) outlining the student’s educational history, conference/paper presentations, funding history, work, volunteer experience, etc.
- Past and current transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs in which you have been enrolled.
- Contact Information for two Referees
- Admission Requirements: Before starting a degree at the University of Winnipeg, applicants must check all the entry requirements
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the English language of instruction to study at The University of Winnipeg.
The President’s Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship is valued at $17,500 for a period of 12 months, based on student academic achievement and research potential. This award is not automatically renewable.