Applications are open for the PROMOS Scholarship Program at the University of Würzburg in Germany. Through the PROMOS program, students can apply for funding from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for stays of up to six months in non-Erasmus countries.
All German and international students who are enrolled in a program (Bachelor’s, Master’s or state examination) at the University of Würzburg at the time of the application and during their stay abroad are eligible to apply for PROMOS funding.
A great opportunity to study in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg (University of Wurzburg) is one of the largest universities in Germany. JMU is one of the oldest institutions of higher learning founded in 1402. It offers bachelor, master, state examination, and doctorate degree programs at nationally and globally.
Why study at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität of Würzburg (JMU)? There are no tuition fees at the University of Würzburg. It is well-known on the international stage for delivering research excellence with a global impact. This is why many talented students and researchers come here. JMU is committed to providing quality research and quality teaching.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Wurzburg
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor’s, Master’s
- Award: Work placements
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, including Germany
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the degree program (Bachelor’s, Master’s or state examination) at the University of Würzburg
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- International students are eligible if they plan to stay abroad outside their home country.
- German and international students who are enrolled in a program (Bachelor’s, Master’s or state examination) at the University of Würzburg (except for non-degree seeking and exchange students) at the time of the application and during their stay abroad are eligible
- Students of JMU Würzburg who are enrolled as regular full?time degree-seeking students at the time of application and during the full duration of their stay abroad are eligible to apply. International students can apply for funding for stays abroad other than in their home countries.
- PhD students cannot be supported through PROMOS.
- Stays in countries or regions with a travel warning issued by the German Federal Foreign Office are not eligible for funding. If a travel warning is issued during your stay, your funding may be stopped.
- Students can receive funding under the PROMOS program for multiple activities within one cycle of study (Bachelor, Master, Diploma, Magister, state examination). Still, the total funding period may not exceed 6 months per cycle.
- Stays abroad in countries outside the ERASMUS area (participating EU countries including EU overseas territories, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey) are eligible for funding. Stays in Switzerland and Great Britain are eligible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit an online application via Mobilitätsportal(no paper application accepted).
- Supporting Documents: The following documents as pdf files will be required for the application.
- Study/Work plan/Motivation letter (1-2 pages, German or English) including how the stay fits into your course of study
- Reference letter of your supervisor
- Information regarding the reference letter
- Transcript of records WueStudy
- Language Test Hinweise zu Sprachzeugnissen
- Immatriculation sheet
- Confirmation of acceptance of the host institution
- Admission Requirements: The application procedure can vary depending on the applicant’s country of origin and choice of study field.
- Language Requirement: Successful applicants must demonstrate sufficient foreign language skills in the language of instruction or work in the form of a current language certificate.
The following activities are eligible for funding under the PROMOS program:
- Study-abroad periods and thesis projects (1 to 6 months) in countries that are not Erasmus program countries (doctoral these are not eligible).
- Work placements (6 weeks to 6 months) in countries that are not Erasmus program countries.
- Travel to competitions (e.g. NMUN) – email at [email protected] to enquire about the conditions that must be met.