The University of Sydney is offering scholarships for both Australian and international students who are intending to enrol in an appended Honours program.
Honours scholarships provide opportunities for new or continuing students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their studies.
A worthy offer to apply for an honours program in Australia with a $6000 education fund.
User Review( vote)
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the country’s leading universities.
- Application Deadline: 2 December 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are awarded to students intending to enrol in an appended Honours program at the University of Sydney.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: $6,000 per annum
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Australian and international students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian and international students can apply for Honours Scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: The grant is offered subject to the applicants have applied for admission into a University of Sydney Honours Program for Semester 1 or 2 of the academic year 2020 by the closing date of the University of Sydney Honours application.
- Applicants must be either citizen of a Commonwealth country or permanent residents of Australia. International applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney.
- International students must have completed their undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney. Degrees that allow course completion in an Honours stream are not eligible for this application .
- Must have applied for a standalone appended honours program, including the Bachelor of Advanced Studies, or be undertaking an honours pathway program in the final year of one of the eligible combined courses below in Semester 1 or 2, 2020:
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Advanced Studies
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Advanced Studies
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Advanced Studies.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not student’s first language, they must demonstrate English language proficiency before admission can be confirmed.
How to Apply: Students must upload the following documentation to your application:
- Academic transcripts- You must provide copies of all transcripts detailing previous tertiary study at institutions other than the University of Sydney.
- Equity applications- If you have elected to apply for the Honours Scholarships on hardship grounds with either the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, or the University of Sydney Business School, please include a copy of a Centrelink Income Statement or other documentation demonstrating disadvantage (eg. medical certificates) or up to one half-A4 page statement detailing your reasons for applying for an Honours Equity Scholarship.
- Personal statement- Students enrolling in faculties other than those listed below must submit a general personal statement (no longer than one A4 page). As a guide, this document might include details of past academic achievements, positions of leadership, communication skills, relevant work experience and why you have decided to undertake Honours study. It will also be useful to the selection panel if you provide a general description of your research project.