The University of Sydney is offering scholarships for both Australian and international students who are intending to enrol in an appended Honours program.
Honours scholarships provide opportunities for new or continuing students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their studies.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the country’s leading universities.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are awarded to students intending to enrol in an appended Honours program at the University of Sydney.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: The grant is valued at $6,000 per annum and is tenable for one year only. The stipend payment will be processed in two equal instalments after the census date of each semester. Owing to extenuating circumstances (i.e. medical reasons or carer responsibilities), if a request to undertake the program on part-time basis is approved by The grants office, the payment will be 50% of the program. The Scholarship cannot be deferred without prior approval of The grants Office. The Scholarship cannot be transferred to another course, faculty or University. No other amount is payable. The support will be offered subject to the availability of funding.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Australian and international students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian and international students can apply for Honours Scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: The grant is offered subject to the applicants having applied for admission into a University of Sydney Honours Program for Semester 1 or 2 of the academic year 2019 by the closing date of the University of Sydney Honours application.Applicants must be either citizens of a Commonwealth country or permanent residents of Australia.International applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney.
Degrees that allow course completion in an Honours stream are not eligible for this application .
- English Language Requirements: If English is not student’s first language, they must demonstrate English language proficiency before admission can be confirmed.
How to Apply: Students must upload the following documentation to your application:
- Academic transcripts- You must provide copies of all transcripts detailing previous tertiary study at institutions other than the University of Sydney.
- Equity applications- If you have elected to apply for the Honours Scholarships on hardship grounds with either the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, or the University of Sydney Business School, please include a copy of a Centrelink Income Statement or other documentation demonstrating disadvantage (eg. medical certificates) or up to one half-A4 page statement detailing your reasons for applying for an Honours Equity Scholarship.
- Personal statement- Students enrolling in faculties other than those listed below must submit a general personal statement (no longer than one A4 page). As a guide, this document might include details of past academic achievements, positions of leadership, communication skills, relevant work experience and why you have decided to undertake Honours study. It will also be useful to the selection panel if you provide a general description of your research project.