Applications are invited for the University of Sydney Fellowship Scheme for outstanding early career researchers for 2021. Australian and overseas applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The University of Sydney Fellowships aims to attract outstanding early-career researchers to the university to contribute to and enhance the research strengths and culture of the university.
Well-paid option to get an education in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of its most prestigious, ranked as the world’s 27th most reputable university.
Why study at the University of Sydney? They make lives better by producing leaders of society and equipping their people with leadership qualities so they can serve their communities at every level.
University or Organization: University of Sydney
Course Level: Research program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Australia and Overseas applicants
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: 31 August.
- Applicants from Australia and Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Outstanding track-record of research achievement
- Strong preference will be given to applicants seeking to join the University from another organization in Australia or from overseas
- Applicants with a Ph.D. awarded by the University of Sydney may apply, provided they have held a paid position at another organization after the award of their Ph.D. (refer to guidelines).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for apply, applicants need to download online application and submitted by the deadline to s.taylor-at-sydney.edu.au.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must provide a Project Outline that describes the significance and proposed outcomes of the research as well as demonstrates the strategic fit between the project and ongoing research activities or interests in the School, a Research and Publication CV, Early Career Researchers (those within five years of the award of the Ph.D.) should additionally supply
one letter of recommendation.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Fellowship recipients will receive:
- A full salary (Level A8 of the University’s Academic salary scale – currently $96,905 per annum, plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- $25,000 research grant at the commencement of the fellowship
- Minimum cost airfare direct to Sydney, and return to point of departure on expiry of the Fellowship
- Four weeks’ annual leave per year
- Admission to the Sydney Society of Fellows.