The University of West London will provide up to a maximum of 550 bursaries for full-time undergraduate students who start their course on January 20 or September 2020.
UWL has a reputation for high-quality education closely linked to employment. They aim to inspire their students to become innovative professionals, connecting them to exciting and rewarding careers.
Great value to support study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
To enter a degree course, applicants must satisfy or expect to meet general requirements for entry. Applicants must have an honours degree from an approved institution of higher education outside the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Application Deadline: For January 2020 starters, the deadline is 21 February 2020. For April 2020 starters, the deadline is 1 May 2020.
- Course Level: Bursaries are available to pursue an undergraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: Bursaries are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Award: If you are an undergraduate starting a full-time course in January or April 2020 you may be eligible for one of 550 Undergraduate Bursaries, worth £1,500 each.
- Number of Awards: A maximum of 550 bursaries for full-time undergraduate students.
- Nationality: Home/EU students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Home/EU students are eligible to apply for these bursaries.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must fulfil all criteria below:
- be from a household with an income of less than £25,000 per annum;
- be Home or EU fees paying students;
- have applied for means-tested student support from Student Finance England and have given consent to share information in order that the declared household income can be verified (applicable to ‘Home’ fees paying student only). EU fee-paying student will need to provide proof of their Household income;
- have accepted an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate course at the University of West London;
- be starting their undergraduate course on January 20 or September 2020.
Payment is subject to:
- Full academic engagement is required throughout the academic year.
- Submission to all module assessments
If the number of applications is greater than the number of bursaries available then priority will be given to:
- care leavers
- disabled students
- early applicants
The following students are not eligible:
- Students on a foundation year (refer to the Path to Success Scholarship)
- International students
- Students undertaking a postgraduate qualification
- Students studying part-time (please refer to the Part-time Scholarship)
- Any other students whose fees are paid or part-paid through a sponsorship arrangement (eg NHS sponsored, franchise or collaborative students).
Successful applicants will not have to re-apply in order to receive the award for all years of eligibility. However, to be entitled to subsequent years, successful progression to the next level of study is required in each academic year.
- English Language Requirements: Undergraduate students normally need to meet the English language requirement of an overall IELTS 6.0, with a minimum score of 5.5 in all elements. For postgraduate entry, international students normally need to meet the English language requirement at IELTS 6.5 overall and no less than IELTS 5.5 in each element.
How to Apply: Applicants should provide the following documents with their application form:
- Confirmation of offer from the University of West London (only if applying prior to enrolment);
- Applicants in receipt of a maintenance loan from SFE who have not given consent to share information with the University will have to submit evidence of total household income – a P60 for the financial year ending April 2020, three months of payslips or proof of benefit entitlement.
- EU students not in receipt of a maintenance loan and unable to provide the evidence above must submit a certified translation and originals of documents evidencing their household income in their home country (i.e. the end of financial year tax return, a formal letter of employment with salary breakdown or social security support letter).
Return your completed application form by emailing it to the email address above, handing it in or
posting it to:
William Brake Student Services Centre
University of West London
St Mary’s Road, Ealing
London W5 5RF