Do you want to groom yourself with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to contribute to solving challenges of sustainability? Then, this is a perfect opportunity for you! United Nations University has established the UNU Rector’s Scholarships for the MSc in Sustainability for the academic year 2023-2024.
International applicants from developing countries that demonstrate an interest in the broader work of the United Nations are eligible to apply for this scholarship. All selected students will be provided a monthly allowance of 130,000 JPY for up to 24 months.
This fantastic funding scheme will help you ease the significant financial burdens.
User Review( votes)
The United Nations University is the academic and research arm of the United Nations. The university’s mission is to help resolve global issues related to human development and welfare through collaborative research and education.
Why choose to study at the United Nations University? The United Nations University (UNU) is a global think tank and postgraduate teaching organization headquartered in Japan. UN University works with leading universities and research institutes in the UN Member States, functioning as a bridge between the international academic community and the United Nations system.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 17 February 2023.
- University or Organization: United Nations University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: 130,000 JPY
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All students from international developing countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MSc in Sustainability programme can be applied for at UNU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be persons from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to register online to begin their admission process. Then, they will receive a link for the application. Scholarship application details will also be informed in time.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Certificates of the annual income of the applicant
- Certificate of family income (parents’ income if single or income of the spouse if married)
- Employment certificate that demonstrates two years of full-time work experience
- Two reference letters
- Personal Identification Document
- Proof of Awarded Degree
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a GPA of 2.8 or above on a 4.0 scale (equivalent to 70% on a 100 % scale) for the bachelor’s degree earned.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- 600 on TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT) OR
- 100 on TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT) OR
- 0 on IELTS – Academic format
The selected students will be offered a sum of 130,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months with additional coverage of travel costs to and from Japan.