Do you want to study at University in Dubai? The University of Wollongong in Dubai is offering Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarship to study in Dubai. This scholarship is available for students from all around the world.
The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is one of the UAE’s oldest and most prestigious universities. All UOWD academic programs are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and quality assured by the University of Wollongong in Australia, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia.
User Review( votes)
All instruction at UOWD is carried out in English and student will need to demonstrate an adequate level of English language proficiency in order to enroll on a programme at the university.
- Applications Deadline: September 6, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue undergraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are available to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Three categories of scholarship are available to undergraduate students.
- 50% scholarship (conditions apply)
- 25% scholarship
- 15% scholarship
Within each category, the Number of Awards awarded is limited and you must meet the minimum selection criteria for the relevant category in order for your application to be considered.
The studentships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Once all scholarships have been awarded for a semester, no further applications will be accepted.
- Nationality: Applications are open to students of any citizenship
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in UAE
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applications are open to students of any citizenship
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applications are open to students of any citizenship.
- Applications are open to new (entry level) students.
- Applicants must have achieved the minimum grades as listed in the Curriculum table below.
- Applicants must meet all of the academic and admission criteria to be admitted to the University and be intending to enrol in the relevant session for which they have applied.
Minimum Grades for Undergraduate Applicants
|Curriculum*||Value of Scholarship|
|UAE Secondary School Certificate (Thannawiya Amma)||98%||90%||85%|
|Indian CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)||95%||85%||80%|
|Indian State Board Exams||95%||85%||80%|
|UK A-Levels||3 A grades||2 A grades||1 A grade|
|UK AS-Levels||5 A grades||4 A grades||2 A grades|
|UK O-Levels||–||6 A grades||5 A grades|
|Iranian Pre-University (year 12)||19||18||17|
|American High School Certificate (year 12)||98%||90%||85%|
|Australian Tertiary Admission Ranking (ATAR)||90||85||80|
|High School Diploma (Grade 12)
|Russian : ATTESTAT||–||4.8||4.5|
|Nigeria : WAEC/NECO||–||5A||4A|
* The above list is not exhaustive and results / curriculam from other countries will be taken into consideration.
English Language Requirements: All instruction at UOWD is carried out in English and student will need to demonstrate an adequate level of English language proficiency in order to enroll on a programme at the university.
How to Apply: If you would like to apply for any of the UOWD Scholarships, you should submit an Application for funding form, along with supporting documentation relevant to your chosen Scholarship (academic transcripts, completion certificate(s), awards, referee reports, alumni ID, as appropriate) to the Registrar’s Department. Applications must be received by the closing date (as listed below) and submitted via the funding form.