Expecting to generate new avenues for adapting crops to changing environments and breeding, the University of Queensland has introduced the PhD Scholarships in Dissection of Genetics and Physiology Associated with Improved Transpiration efficiency in Sorghum for the academic year 2022-2023.
The University of Queensland is offering this PhD Scholarship to students that want to undertake their PhD qualification in Agriculture and animal sciences, Environment, or Science and mathematics field. Both international and Australian national students can apply and stand a chance to win this $28,854 per annum scholarship for 3.5 years.
Nice opportunity for overseas applicants in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Queensland is a public research university. The university’s core purpose is to deliver for the public good through excellence in education, research, and engagement with our communities and partners: local, national and global. It is currently ranked 47th globally in the World University Ranking.
Why choose to study at the University of Queensland? The University of Queensland is an institute that is very highly committed to shaping the future by producing leaders and inspiring the next generation and is known as the most prestigious and widely-recognized institute in Australia. UQ is a research university that encourages progressive ideas that benefit the world.
Application Deadline: This scholarship application must be submitted by 16th May 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: $28,854
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Foreign national and home country national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a postgraduate research programme in any field of Agriculture and animal sciences, Environment, Science, and mathematics at the University of Queensland.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an impressive previous academic record, publication record, honors and awards, and employment history.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students need to make an admission application via the online portal of the university. To apply for the scholarship, students must follow the below while making their admission application:
- Students must visit the scholarships and collaborative study section of the application.
- Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative.’
- Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship.’
- Select ‘Other,’ then ‘Research Project Scholarship,’ and type in ‘SORGHUM-HAMMER’ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- a copy of your CV
- academic transcripts
- Two reference letters
- Degree transcripts
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a Master of Philosophy or Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honors class IIAor equivalent in a relevant field of study or master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65on the 7-point UQ scale or its international equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL IBT – 87
- IELTS – 7.0
The University of Queensland will provide the selected PhD candidates a sum of $28,854 per annum (2022 rate), indexed annually for 3.5 years, with the possibility of 1 extension in line with UQ and RTP Scholarship Policy.