The University of Queensland is offering Colombia-Australia BEL Excellence Scholarships. These scholarships provide an exciting opportunity for Colombian students to undertake postgraduate study in Business, Economics, Law and Tourism programs excluding the MBA.
University’s aim is to achieve national and international recognition as one of the best research-intensive business schools in the Asia-Pacific region.
User Review( votes)
As one of Australia’s premier learning and research institutions, the University of Queensland (UQ) is internationally renowned for its highly awarded teaching staff, world-class facilities and superior campus environment. It is ranked inside the world’s top 50 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2015.
Students must have completed the recognised sub-degree (Associate Degree or Higher Diploma) programs. Applicants should have at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded who undertake postgraduate study in Business, Economics, Law and Tourism programs excluding the MBA.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships include 50% Tuition fee waivers for up to 4 semesters.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: In order to apply for scholarship, applicants must follow the given criteria:
- Citizens of Colombia, who normally reside in Colombia.
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant postgraduate program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to current, enrolled UQ students).
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Students from Colombia can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Undergraduate opportunities: students who have studied A Levels, STPM, GCE, SAM, AUSMAT, UEC, or Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) (or equivalent senior secondary qualification/ study) in Malaysia. High achieving students undertaking an articulation pathway or seeking credit transfer from a recognised institution in Malaysia are also encouraged to apply and for Postgraduate opportunities: students that have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
English language Requirements: To meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements, applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
- A score equivalent to four semesters of Sound Achievement in Queensland Studies Authority English or Australian or international equivalent. Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs.
- At least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements; see individual program requirements.
- Other equivalent tests such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic are also accepted and other qualifications and experience may also be considered.
- Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange students are only required to meet the overall score (eg 6.5 IELTS or 87 TOEFL or 64 PTE).
Test Requirements: If applicants are demonstrating their English proficiency with an IELTS test score, they must attach a copy of the IELTS test result to their application which university will verify.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- For internet-based (IBT), computer-based (CBT) and paper-based TOEFL tests, applicants must attach a copy of the TOEFL test result to their application which university will verify.
Note: UQ does not generally accept TOEFL results for quota-based programs, nor does it accept institutional TOEFL tests.
How to Apply:
- Lodge an official UQ postgraduate application form for international students to the International Office
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the closing date)
- Once student has received their offer, complete the Faculty of Business Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form and submit to scholarships-at-bel.uq.edu.au or sent via mail
Application Deadline: Applications for semester 1 2017 are open until the 30th November 2016.