The Cardiff University is inviting applications for Ursula Henriques Scholarship to pursue postgraduate taught; postgraduate research programmes starting on October 1, 2018, for the PhD and September 24, 2018, for all MA programmes.
The overreaching aim of establishing the Cardiff University was to transform the public higher education to improve quality and efficiency of teaching and learning, creating a world-class higher learning institution.
Cardiff is established as one of Britain’s leading universities. Its ambition is to be among the top 100 universities in the world and top 20 in the UK.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, competence in the English language is also a criterion of admission.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate taught; Postgraduate research
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded the School of English, Communication and Philosophy.
- Scholarship Award: In 2018-19 the award is with the School of English, Communication and Philosophy and has been used to create on a competitive basis two one-year partial fee scholarships of £2,500 for postgraduate applicants holding an offer of a place on a PhD or MA programme in the School to commence in the academic year 2018-19.
- Nationality: Open to all students of any nationality without restrictions.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Open to all students of any nationality without restrictions.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
|Residency||Open to all students of any nationality without restrictions (UK/EU and International)|
|Academic criteria||Applications will be assessed on academic merit.
· have accepted Cardiff University as their firm choice institution by 31 May 2018
· be commencing their programme of study in the 2018-19 session
· be holding an unconditional or conditional offer
· Be self-funding and not be in receipt of any other substantial award.
Applicants for whom English is not a first language will be required to have English language proficiency at IELTS 7.5 level with a minimum of 7.0 in each sub score for entry onto the PhD, and an overall score of 7.0 level with a minimum of 6.5 in each sub score for entry onto the MA.
English Language Requirements: The majority courses request an IELTS score of 6.5 or 7.0.
How to Apply: The application form can be obtained by emailing encap-pg-at-cardiff.ac.uk. Completed forms should be returned electronically to the School Postgraduate Office (encap-pg-at-cardiff.ac.uk) by 5 pm on 31 May 2018.