The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is inviting applications for Global Fellowship Program. These fellowships are open to international students for pursuing full-time study in a Ph.D. or Pharm.D. program, or medical or dental school.
USP mission is to improve global health through public standards and related programs that help ensure the quality, safety, and benefit of medicines and foods.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for full-time study in a Ph.D. or Pharm.D. program, or medical or dental school.
Study Subject: Applicants are encouraged to ensure their research aligns with one of these topics: General Research, Chemical Medicines, Biologics and Biotechnology, Excipients, Dietary Supplements, Food Ingredients and Healthcare Quality Standards
Scholarship Award: Since the program’s inception in 1981, USP has invested nearly $4 million in more than 200 Fellowship awards.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must
- Have been accepted for full-time study in a Ph.D. or Pharm.D. program, or medical or dental school; or
- Have been awarded a postdoctoral research (non-faculty) appointment.
- Non-U.S. applicants must have a background in standards and currently be enrolled in an equivalent educational program. International students must possess the appropriate visa required to participate in the Global Fellowship Program. USP will not assist students to obtain a visa for this purpose. USP may require proof of visa status as a condition of offering a Fellowship to a student.
- Applicants for Global Fellowships may not currently be in receipt of funds from USP, or directly or indirectly under contract with USP, even if the activity is unrelated to the applicant’s research proposal.
- The USP Global Fellowship Program allows for subsequent year’s funding; however, second and third awards are not automatic. Applications for continued funding must include a progress report on the research up to the time of application.
Nationality: US and international students can apply for Global Fellowship Program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be currently be enrolled in an equivalent educational program.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applicants must be sent via email.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for 2016-2017 fellowships is October 28, 2016.