Applications are invited for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for pursuing a master’s program at Utrecht University. The awards are open for the academic session 2022/2023.
Scholarships are open to non-EU/EEA students for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years, depending on the degree program. The successful applicant will receive tuition fees or tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses.
Best offer for non-EU/EEA students to get tuition fees or tuition fees.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1636 and located in the heart of the Netherlands, Utrecht University is one of Europe’s leading research universities. It is a wide-range, international research university of high standing. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands and one of the largest in Europe.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
- Scholarship Provider: Utrecht University
- Course Level: Master’s program
- Scholarship Open for International Students: Non-EU/EEA students can apply for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.
- Awards: Varies
- Number of award(s): NA
- Scholarship can be taken at the Netherlands
To be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international master’s program
- Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded for the study of the subjects offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation)
- The quality of the application for the Master’s program itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to Apply
After submitting an application for the master’s program, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship. You will need to upload the following documents:
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Economics programs: A writing sample
- Submit an application for a Master’s program if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s program, you can go to Osiris Online Application
- Log in with your Osiris username and password
- Confirm for which master’s program you have applied
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s)
- Submit your application
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- Tuition fees
- tuition fees plus the required income linked to a residence permit for study as set by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, for one year.