Utrecht University is presenting Utrecht Sylff Scholarships for domestic and international students. The award program is open for the 2023–2024 academic years. It is possible to extend the grant for two-year master’s programs.
This scholarship program supports master’s candidates who want to complete their studies in the Netherlands. Selected non-EU students will receive at least 25,000 USD per year, and EU students will receive at least 10,000 USD per year for a maximum period of 12 months.
Utrecht Sylff International Scholarships at Utrecht University, Netherlands
Great chance to study in the Netherlands at Utrecht University with a funding offer.
User Review( votes)
Utrecht University is a public research university and one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands. Established on 26th March 1636, it ranked 1st in the Netherlands and 52nd globally as of 2020. They are performing towards a fairer world by analyzing complex problems outside the boundaries of occupations and setting thinkers in touch with doers so that recent understanding can be applied.
Why choose to study at Utrecht University? Utrecht is among Europe’s top research institutes identified internationally for its high-quality, creative process to study and training. It has the most comprehensive scope of cultural movements of any Dutch city after Amsterdam. It is usually considered the most acceptable student city in the Netherlands as over 10% of all its citizens are students. Students looking at Utrecht University study at one of the world’s best universities and gain the most suitable education.
Application Deadline: 1st April 2023
- University or Organization: Utrecht University
- Department: Humanities or Social Sciences
- Course Level: Master
- Award: 25,000 USD per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to a master’s program in the field of Humanities or Social Sciences (including Economics) subject offered by Utrecht University.
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- Be a student or recent graduate of one of the programs mentioned above.
- Hold a non-Dutch passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”).
- Have been admitted to one of the international Master’s programs of Utrecht University in the field of Humanities or Social Sciences (including Economics).
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch residence permit (if applicable).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students interested to apply for this position are required to complete an online application form. All applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Scan a passport or EU national ID card, which must be valid at the start of the program.
- Evidence of previous education (such as degree certificates, transcripts, or a diploma supplement) that shows they (will) meet the entry requirements for their chosen program.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements for admission at Utrecht University.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
Utrecht University will provide all the following:
- At least 25,000 USD per year for non-EU students, but variable.
- At least 10,000 USD per year for EU students, but variable.
- Selected students will receive a scholarship for a maximum period of 12 months. It is possible to extend the grant for two-year master’s programs.