The University of Western Australia is offering International Master’s by Coursework scholarships to high-achieving international students in Australia. The studentships are awarded within the School of Design, School of Humanities, Music, Social Sciences, Business School, Law School, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Health, and Medical Sciences and Science.
The international master’s by coursework program is awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in relevant undergraduate studies at an overseas institution and will undertake masters by coursework studies commencing in 2021 or 2020.
The university offers a Bachelor of Science (BSc), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Biomedical Science(BBiomedSc) to non-first-year students. The University recently attracted more competitive research funding than any other Western Australian university.
Why at The University of Western Australia? The University of Western Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia.UWA has been ranked as having some of the highest quality undergraduates of any university in Australia and is ranked second in Australia for the quality of its undergraduate programs.
University or Organization: University of Western Australia
Course Level: Coursework degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of Asia, Latin and South America and Oceania
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The studentships are awarded within the School of Design, School of Humanities, Music, Social Sciences, Business School, Law School, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Health, and Medical Sciences and Science.
- Be a new student to The University of Western Australia;
- Students will be required to indicate acceptance of their offer and the program no more than two weeks after issue date;
- The studentships are available to enrol full-time in an eligible master by coursework degree.
- Be a citizen of a country listed under the relevant faculty which administers the course;
- For GPA assessment, the mark calculated by the applicant’s undergraduate university over the full degree is used to determine eligibility;
- The sponsorship will be offered for the duration of the course as stated on the University’s offer letter, with the expectation that a student will undertake a 100% load (usually 48 points per year) and will not be extended if a student fails to complete with the stated time. Where credit is awarded and impacts on the load were taken, the University will consider these instances on an individual basis.
- The grant is conditional on a formal assessment and written offer from the University’s admissions team in Perth.
- The studentships are available for citizens of Asia, Latin, and South America and Oceania.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants to the University are automatically considered and do not need to submit a separate application for this application . Apply for entry to an eligible course through the My Application portal for international students.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The value of the Awarded will be determined by the academic achievement of the applicant and will be awarded over three levels.
- Level 1: AUD $3000 per year
Equivalent WAM of 70 – 74.99 in an Australian undergraduate degree
- Level 2: AUD $5000 per year
Equivalent WAM of 75 – 79.99 in an Australian undergraduate degree
- Level 3: AUD $7000 per year
Equivalent WAM of 80 in an Australian undergraduate degree