Durham University is delighted to announce the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for the overseas students in the UK. International applicants are eligible to apply for these endowments.
Durham University is a collegiate public research university in Durham, North East England, with a second campus in nearby Stockton-on-Tees. It was founded by an Act of Parliament in 1832 and granted a Royal Charter in 1837.
A fine program for applicants in the UK.
User Review( vote)
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue the undergraduate program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded Sport, Music and the Arts.
- Number of Awards: 25 opportunities are available.
- Award: Award value: £2,000 financial support.
- The award can be taken in the UK
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate an exceptional level of excellence in Sport, Music or Arts for example participation in sporting or musical events at a national or international level. Applicants will also be required to play an active part in Durham University’s sporting, musical and performing communities.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for these endowments.
How to Apply
- Submit an academic application to Durham University via UCAS
- Stage 2: Submit an online application form including the following:
- Personal Statement of no more than 1,000 words explaining why you should be awarded a Vice-Chancellor’s funding for Sport, Music or the Arts
- if you are applying for a music award please provide 2 different pieces of music of approximately 3 minutes in length
- If you are applying for an Arts Scholarship please provide a maximum 7 page A4 portfolio or youtube link to a 5-minute video demonstrating your experience.
- A reference of no more than 1,000 words from a suitable adult e.g. a teacher at your school, a coach, the conductor of an ensemble in which you play, the director of a production in which you have been involved; explaining why you are suitable to be awarded a Vice-Chancellor’s funding for Sport, Music or the Arts sent directly from the referee to [email protected]
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- English Language Requirement: If English is not the applicant’s first language they will need IELTS 7.0 (no element below 6.5) or Pearson Test of English Overall Score 70+ (No element below 62).
Application Deadline: January 15, 2020