Vienna Graduate School of Finance provides financial support to outstanding students from around the world. The VGSF programme is available for full-time PhD programme in Finance.
The Vienna Graduate School of Finance is a center of excellence in Finance, located in Vienna, Austria. Its main activities are academic research and PhD education. VGSF faculty members are very well connected in the international Finance community.
User Review( votes)
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study finance.
- Award: A gross monthly stipend of approximately € 2,000 (14 times a year), which includes health insurance. Funding is guaranteed for five years subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- Number of Awards: The studentships are not given.
- Nationality: Austrian and international
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: Austrian and international students can apply for PhD Scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
Successful completion of a master’s program or an equivalent program at a postgraduate institution (according to § 64 (4) of the Universities Act 2002).
Applicants who expect to finish their master’s by the beginning of the PhD program (September) are also welcome to apply.
GRE or GMAT
Candidates should submit a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score that is no more than five years old.
English language proficiency
Candidates whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate their English proficiency by submitting a valid English test or by holding a degree from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
Candidates are expected to submit two recommendation letters supporting your application to the program.
Candidates should be strongly motivated to pursue a PhD program in finance. Such motivation will be assessed by your statement of purpose.
- English Language Requirements:Candidates whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate their English proficiency by submitting a valid English test or by holding a degree from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
How to Apply:
Only applications submitted using the WU online application tool will be accepted. The application tool is available online only during the application period.
- All correspondence will be by email, using the email address you specified when logging in to the online application tool
- All information provided in the online application must be correct.
- All documents, including reference letters, must be received by the application deadline
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
The below link will redirect you to the WU website. From there you can submit your application to VGSF (PhD in Finance).