Intending to support international students who want to chase higher studies in New Zealand, the University of Waikato is launching the Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence funding for Malaysia students for the academic year 2023-2024.
The University of Waikato will award this application to international students exclusively from Malaysia undertaking any undergraduate, postgraduate, or research degree in any field of choice at the University of Waikato. The students who demonstrate academic excellence will be considered for this tuition fee scholarship worth NZD$15,000.
Great offer to fund education in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato is a public research university in Hamilton, New Zealand. The university was established in 1964 with a vision to deliver a world-class education and research portfolio and pursue strong international linkages to advance knowledge. The University of Waikato ranks 331stin QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Waikato? The University of Waikato stands at the world stage as a provider of future-focused, international education and an active player in global research. The university combines the creation of new knowledge through research, scholarship and creative works with the dissemination of knowledge with its teaching, publication, and performance for the benefit of society.
Application Deadline: The applications for the ongoing academic year are open. Students must, however, observe course-specific application deadlines, if any.
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, or Research
- Award: NZD$15,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Students from Malaysia are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for an undergraduate, postgraduate, or research study in any desired subject offered at the University of Waikato.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international students from Malaysia enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato.
- The applicants must have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato.
- The applicants must a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the qualification used to gain entrance to the University of Waikato.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can sign up on the university portal and submit their admission applications. All eligible candidates will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students will be asked to provide academic transcripts, reference letters, personal essays, research proposal, etc.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of the course they want to join at the University of Waikato.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language requirements of the university. TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, and many more tests are accepted at the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato will award the selected candidates a scholarship worth NZD$15,000 towards the tuition fee of the undertaken degree programme.