Applications are invited for Victoria International Excellence Scholarships on the basis of academic merit over three years of study. International students are eligible to apply for this program.
The purpose of the Victoria International Excellence award is to recruit high-achieving undergraduate international students currently studying in New Zealand to Victoria University of Wellington and to support them in their studies.
Excellent chance to study at Victoria University.
User Review( votes)
Victoria University has a tradition of fostering strong global links in teaching and research and programs of national significance and international quality.
Victoria’s English language requirements are strict and not negotiable. If the student’s first language is not English, they must provide evidence of English proficiency before they will be accepted as a Ph.D. candidate.
Applications Deadline: November 10, 2019
Applicants must be:
- International students who have completed at least one full year (i.e. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school
- International students are eligible to apply for this free study.
- These are available to study undergraduate program.
- These are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Enroll full time in the applicant’s first year of their first undergraduate degree
- Complete NCEA Level 2 or 3 with Excellence or equivalent
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must:
• Complete the online application available from the link below.
• Provide a reference from your School Principal or nominee.
• Attach a one-page personal statement, explaining your reason for wishing to attend Victoria University of Wellington, the academic goals you hope to achieve and why you believe you merit the program. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community.
- Language Requirements: Victoria’s English language requirements are strict and not negotiable. If the student’s first language is not English, they must provide evidence of English proficiency before they will be accepted as a Ph.D. candidate.
Award of value $20,000 over three years will be awarded. Awards will be comprised of $10,000 for the first year of study, and a further $5,000 for the second and third years of study, provided a Grade Point Average of 7 (A- average) is maintained. Students must also study full-time (at least 120 points a year) in order to continue to hold the Victoria International Excellence grant.