Applications are invited for Victorian International Education Awards to study at a Victorian education institution. Awards are available for pursuing the postsecondary course at a Victorian educational institution.
The Victorian International Education is an initiative of the Victorian Government to support the international education sector, promote best practice in the sector and raise awareness of its benefits to the broader community.
Exceptional International Education Awards in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The government created the department to bring together many of the key functions that drive economic development and job creation across Victoria. These include transport and ports, investment attraction and facilitation, trade, innovation, regional development, and small business, together with key services to sectors such as agriculture, the creative industries, resources, and tourism.
University or Organization: Victorian education institution
Course Level: Postsecondary course
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Nominees for student category must currently be enrolled in a course being offered by a Victorian education institution, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year.
- Awards are available in any discipline.
- International Learners must not be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Finalists must provide proof of their study visa.
- Pupils winners, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year, will be awarded a scholarship of up to $10,000 to support their study activities at a Victorian education institution. The winner of the premiers for the International holder of the Year will receive an additional scholarship of up to $10,000 to support their study activities at a Victorian education institution.
- The scholarship must go towards the cost of course fees/and or materials at a Victorian education institution.
- Any amount of the program not claimed within 24 months from the date of the Victorian International Education 2017 presentation ceremony will be forfeited.
- The Department* will pay the program directly to the grant recipient upon evidence being provided to the satisfaction of the Department that the cost of the claimed course fees and/or materials have been incurred by the recipient. Payments may also be made in installments.
- Each category has specific criteria as outlined within the descriptions. Applicants must meet the criteria for the relevant to be considered a valid entry. Non-compliance with entry criteria will be sufficient reason for the Victorian International Education organizing committee to reject the application.
- All applications will be judged in a competitive framework.
- The decisions of the Judging Panel are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- For an entry to be valid, it must include the relevant, fully completed category application form and a submission addressing the relevant criteria. If you encounter problems submitting your application electronically, please email studymelbourne-at-ecodev.vic.gov.au.
- All applications, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year, must be written by the applicant and must provide evidence of enrolment as an international holder from the education provider.
- Applicants for International Alumnus of the Year must provide evidence of study in Victoria.
- Finalists may be requested to attend an interview in person with the judging panel or via video conference.
- All finalists are encouraged to attend the 2017 Victorian International Education presentation ceremony to be held in late 2017.
- In submitting an application for the Victorian International Education 2017, applicants agree that all non-confidential details from their applications and the application process, including photographs and recordings can be used online, in any broadcast and print media and in a range of publicity and promotional materials by the Victorian Government.
- Finalists and winners of the Victorian International Education 2017 may be asked to participate in media interviews.
- If necessary, the Department reserves the right to extend the deadline for applications.
- It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that they have selected the correct category and submitted an application for that category by the deadline to ensure consideration. The Department reserves the right to re-assign applications lodged to incorrect categories, at its discretion.
- International students can apply for these Victorian International Education Awards.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Submit your application online. Please visit the Victorian International Education Awards 2017 portal to create an account and submit your application.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have their previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
International Award winners receive a scholarship of $10,000 to contribute to their studies at a Victorian institution, while the recipient of the Premier’s grant receives an additional $10,000 towards their studies.