Victorian Government is awarding Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) Student Scholarships Program for the 2017-2018 academic year. The scholarships will be awarded to students studying in Year 11 or Year 12 at a Victorian Government school, or the equivalent at TAFEs.
The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) Student Scholarships Program is designed to assist young people living in public or community housing, or those at risk of homelessness, get the support they need to stay in education and achieve their full potential.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: Scholarships are available for students studying in Year 11 or Year 12 at a Victorian Government school, or the equivalent at TAFE.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for studying all the subjects.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships are to the value of $1100 (GST free) for the year. If the young person is awarded a scholarship, payments will be made directly to schools and TAFEs at the end of November 2017 so that the scholarship funds are available from the outset of the 2018 academic year.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for these scholarships the student should meet all of the following criteria:
- Under 21 years of age at 1 February 2018;an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Experiencing financial hardship;
- Living in social housing (i.e. public or community-managed housing) or at risk of homelessness;
- Studying in Year 11 or Year 12 at a Victorian Government school, or the equivalent at TAFE, for the 2018 academic year;
- Have the potential to achieve a good attendance record and a successful educational outcome in the 2018 academic year;
- Supported within the school / TAFE community by an appropriate staff member (i.e. well-being coordinator, counsellor etc).
Nationality: Australian citizens can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 21, 2019.