Virginia International University (VIU) offers a unique opportunity to acquire an excellent, multi-disciplinary education at an affordable cost by offering students access to scholarships. The Virginia International program Programmes will be awarded to prospective students from 7 regions around the world.
The purpose of this application is to provide and maintain awareness of the value that Virginia International University places on ethnic diversity and multiculturalism within the community.
Great offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
Virginia International University is a private, non-profit institution established in 1998. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, VIU offers degree programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as language programs like English as a Second Language (ESL), test preparation courses, and continuing education opportunities.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate or graduate program.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Number of Awards: Total 127 opportunities are available (18 scholarships for each region).
The award can be taken in the USA
To be eligible to apply for this application , applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a first-time applicant for any of VIU’s academic program.
- Must apply for one of VIU’s undergraduate or graduate program as a full-time student.
Nationality: The US and international students can apply for these endowments.
List of Countries: The financial aid positions will be awarded to prospective students from 7 regions around the world.
- North America and the Caribbean: 17 countries ( Canada, The United States, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Mexico, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Bahamas, Haiti, Honduras, Belize)
- Central and South America: 18 countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela)
- Sub-Saharan Africa: 52 Countries (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Brazzaville, Congo Democratic Republic, Cote D’Ivore, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan St. Helena, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe)
- East Asia And The Pacific: 25 Countries (Australia, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Mainland China, Federated States of Fiji, Hong Kong and Macau, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Palau, Papua Nova Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Vietnam)
- Europe And Eurasia: 45 Countries (Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom)
- Middle East And North Africa: 19 Countries (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen)
- South and Central Asia: 13 Countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan).
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The minimum cumulative GPA to be considered for a scholarship at VIU is 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Please note that each scholarship has its own specific required GPA requirement so applicants are encouraged to verify the requirement prior to applying.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Students who wish to apply for a scholarship are required to submit an online application form. Completed applications must include all of the following:
- Online application form (applicant portal or student portal)
- Secondary or higher education transcript
- Letter of recommendation from faculty (academic) or supervisor (professional)
- Personal statement of the success of at least 500 words describing your background, future goals, education, influential experiences, and career objectives in the form of an essay; not a list of facts
- Evidence of English proficiency
Option 1: Test scores (see table above for minimum requirement).
Option 2: Provide an official transcript indicating completion of a minimum of 9 credit hours (graduate level) or 12 credit hours (undergraduate level) from an accredited United States post-secondary institution (not VIU) at which the language of instruction was English. The GPA for those credits must not be lower than C-level.
Option 3: Provide a high school diploma from a recognized institution in the United States.
*If you earned your bachelor’s degree in its entirety in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or Anglophone Canada, you are exempt from the evidence of English proficiency requirement.
Application Deadline: Check back next year