The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin, Department III, Artefacts, Action, and Knowledge, Director: Prof. Dr. Dagmar Schäfer, offers Visiting Scholarships, 3–9 months to take place in the period September 1, 2019, to December 31, 2020.
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG) in Berlin is one of the more than 80 research institutes administered by the Max Planck Society. It is dedicated to the study of the history of science and aims to understand scientific thinking and practice as historical phenomena.
A fine program for claimants
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
Course Level: This is a 3–9 months visiting program.
Study Subject: every field within the history of science, technology, and the environment
Award: Not Known
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in Germany
Eligible Countries: Candidates of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Applications from candidates in every field within the history of science, technology, and the environment are welcome, with some preference for projects looking outside or beyond traditional disciplinary, chronological, and geographical foci. The MPIWG hosts many academic activities: conferences, workshops, brown bag seminars, and colloquia. Visiting scholars are encouraged to combine their research stay with active participation in such events.
English Language Requirements:
- For all areas of work at the MPIWG, we require good or excellent knowledge of English.
- Scholars are expected to be able to present their work in English and discuss other people’s work in English.
- The main language of administration at the MPIWG is German. We support our employees in finding and funding a German language course if relevant.
- If other languages are required for the specific tasks involved, this will be mentioned in the advertisement.
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted via our online application portal: https://recruitment.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/position/12419072.
Candidates are requested to submit:
- a cover letter
- curriculum vitae (including a list of publications)
- a research proposal on a topic related to the cluster (1000 words maximum)