Applications are invited for VLIR-UOS Scholarships available for the students of developing countries. Scholarships are offered for training and master’s programs at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium.
Students can only apply for the following master (ICP) or training (ITP) programs that are recognized and funded by VLIR-UOS: Master programs.
Nice option to get a few free funds for an educational degree in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
VLIR-UOS supports partnerships between universities and university colleges, in Flanders and in the South, looking for innovative responses to global and local challenges. VLIR-UOS funds cooperation projects between professors, researchers, and teachers.
Application Deadline: 1 March 2021
University or Organization: VLIR-UOS
Course Level: Master program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
The program can be taken in Belgium
Students can only apply for a scholarship if they meet the following requisites.
- Nationality and Country of Residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Age: The maximum age for a Master program candidate is 35 years for an initial master and 40 years for an advanced master. The maximum age for a training candidate is 45 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- Professional background and experience: VLIR-UOS gives priority to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, social economy or NGO’s, or aim a career in one of these sectors. However, also candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience (for Master programs) can be eligible for the scholarship. The training candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
- Fungibility with other VLIR-UOS funding. A scholarship is not compatible with financial support within a VLIR-UOS funded IUC- or TEAM-project. Candidates working in a university where such projects are being organized should submit a declaration of the project leader stating that the department where the candidate is employed is not involved in the project.
- Former VLIR-UOS scholarship applications and previously awarded scholarships: A candidate can only submit one VLIR-UOS scholarship application per year, irrespectively of the scholarship type. As a consequence, a candidate can only be selected for one VLIR-UOS scholarship per year.
- Students of the following countries are eligible to apply for VLIR-UOS scholarships: Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa; Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam; Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname and Uruguay.
How to Apply
How to Apply: To apply for a scholarship, you first need to apply for the training or Master’s program.
- To apply for a training or Master’s program, visit the website of the training or Master’s program of your interest.
- Follow the guidelines for application for the programme as mentioned on its website. In the program application, you can mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship.
- In case you do, the program coordinator forwards your application to VLIR-UOS. Applications submitted by the candidates to VLIR-UOS directly will not be considered!
The scholarships cover all related expenses as follow:
- For a training program: Allowance: € 33/day, Several one-time payments, and Accommodation, insurance, international travel, and tuition fee
- For a Master’s program: Allowance: € 890/month, Accommodation allowance: € 390/month, Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month, Several one-time payments and Insurance, international travel, and tuition fee.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.