The University of Melbourne is offering the W T Mollison International Scholarship in Modern Languages for international students. Candidates must travel overseas and engage in appropriate work on their nominated language at an international institution for a minimum of 3 months.
The program will be awarded to students who have completed honours at the University of Melbourne and intend to return to the University to pursue graduate studies in modern languages or cognate fields.
The University of Melbourne is an internationally recognized research intensive University with a strong tradition of excellence in teaching, research, and community engagement. Established in 1853, it is Australia’s second oldest University.
- Applications Deadline: October 14, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for undergraduate students
- Study Subject: Scholarship is available for Language, literature and cultural studies
- Scholarship Award: Up to $11,000
- Nationality: Australian/domestic student, International student
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 1
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are accepting from Australian/domestic student and the International student
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- Must have completed honors in Modern Languages at the University of Melbourne up to two years prior to your application; and/or
- Have completed or are completing the third year of study in Modern Languages at the University of Melbourne and have enrolled in honors
- Intend to travel overseas (from Australia) to the country of the language in which you hold the scholarship and engage in appropriate work on the language at an overseas institution for a minimum of 3 months
How to Apply: Submit an application online a which includes the following:
- a 1-page outline of your intended overseas institution, the course of study, and proposed activities/reasons
- 1 academic reference
- statement of results
- proposed itinerary