The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is now accepting applications for Early Career Fellowships in Biomedical Research. There are no restrictions based on age or nationality.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program. These are available to pursue postdoctoral research program.
A fine chance to study Postdoctoral research program in India.
User Review( votes)
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is a £160 million initiative funded equally by the Wellcome Trust, UK, and Department of Biotechnology, India. The broad aim of the India Alliance is to build excellence in the Indian biomedical scientific community by supporting future leaders in the field.
University or Organization: Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance
Course Level: Postdoctoral research program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: All Nationalities
The program can be taken in India
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Applicant must be in the final year of Ph.D. or have no more than four years of post-PhD research experience from the date of Ph.D. viva to the invited full application submission deadline (October 2017 for the current round of competition); due consideration will be given to justified career breaks
- The applicant may have/be pursuing a Ph.D. in any discipline of science
- Fellowships are awarded in the field of Biomedical Research.
- Applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be aspiring to launch an independent research career in India
- Applicant must choose a not-for-profit host institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration (5 years) of the award in line with India Alliance conditions and policies
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Outline (750 words) of a research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question. A Fellowship Supervisor who would guide the applicant in the proposed research and a letter of support to this end; the proposed research is expected to complement and benefit from the Fellowship Supervisor’s research interests and expertise. An additional letter of recommendation.
- Admission Requirement: Applicant may have/be pursuing a Ph.D. in any discipline of science
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The upper limit for an award is INR 1.7 Crores. The 5-year Fellowship typically provides:
- Competitive personal support
- Generous research funds
- Funding to work overseas for up to 2 years and develop international collaborations