Wenner-Gren Foundation is pleased to offer Post-Ph.D. Research Grants. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The program contributes to the Foundation’s overall mission to support basic research in anthropology and to ensure that the discipline continues to be a source of vibrant and significant work that furthers their understanding of humanity’s cultural and biological origins, development, and variation.
Fab choice for applicants of all nationalities.
User Review( votes)
The Wenner-Gren Foundation has three major goals – to support significant and innovative anthropological research into humanity’s biological and cultural origins, development and variation, to foster the creation of an international community of research scholars in anthropology, and to provide leadership at the forefronts of the discipline.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Course Level: Grants are awarded for pursuing the Post-PhD research program.
- Study Subject: The Foundation supports research that demonstrates a clear link to anthropological theory and debates, and promises to make a solid contribution to advancing these ideas. There is no preference for any methodology, research location, or subfield. The Foundation particularly welcomes proposals that employ a comparative perspective, can generate innovative approaches or ideas, and/or integrate two or more subfields.
- Scholarship Award: The maximum amount of the Post-Ph.D. Research Grant is US $20,000.
- Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these grants.
- Scholarship can be taken at: USA
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these grants:
- Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, or institutional or departmental affiliation.
- Applications are accepted from scholars who are close to completing their doctorate or equivalent degree; however, the grant cannot be awarded until the degree is completed. Note that the Foundation expects the degree to have been completed before the start date for the proposed project given by the applicant on the application form.
- Current grantees must have completed all requirements of their existing grant, including submission of the final report before an application for a new project can be accepted.
- Post-Ph.D. Research grant applications that were unsuccessful in a prior funding cycle may be resubmitted only if they are accompanied by a resubmission statement, explaining how the application is different from the prior application and how the referees’ comments have been addressed.
- If a Post.Ph.D. The research grant is awarded, the applicant must agree to comply with the Requirements and Conditions of the Post-Ph.D. Research Grant.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The Foundation operates an online application submission procedure. All application forms and other required application materials must be submitted online. Application Form
- Supporting Material: The application asks for the following categories of information:
-General information about their self and their project
-An Abstract of their proposed research.
-Project description questions. All applicants must answer the first five project description questions. All responses should be carefully prepared. Applicants are advised to read the questions and instructions as they develop their answers.
– A resubmission statement if the current application is a resubmission of a previously declined application.
-A detailed budget
-A bibliography relevant to their proposed project
-A curriculum vitae.
- Entrance Requirements: Applications are accepted from scholars who are close to completing their doctorate or equivalent degree; however, the grant cannot be awarded until the degree is completed.
- English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Deadline: Application deadlines are May 1 and November 1.