Applications are invited for Western Digital Scholarship to pursue undergraduate programme. Western Digital is committed to addressing access to STEM education for underrepresented and underprivileged students.
Western Digital Corporation (commonly referred to as Western Digital and often abbreviated as WDC) is an American computer data storage company and one of the largest computer hard disk drive manufacturers in the world, along with its main competitor Seagate Technology.
- Application Deadline: May 3, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for STEM subject.
- Scholarship Award: Award details:
- Up to 100 one-time scholarships ranging from $1,500 to 5,000 will be awarded annually.
- Students must meet enrollment requirements to receive the award.
- A single applicant may not win more than one award in a year.
- Applicants may re-apply in subsequent years and be awarded one additional time only.
- The scholarships will be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load at accredited, nonprofit colleges/universities.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award.
- Nationality: Students from United States, China, Japan, India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, or Thailand.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 100 one-time scholarships ranging from $1,500 to 5,000 will be awarded annually.
- Scholarship can be taken in United States, China, Japan, India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, or Thailand.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from United States, China, Japan, India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, or Thailand.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be a legal dependent of a Western Digital employee with an employee level of 109 or below.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a four-year college/university in the United States, China, Japan, India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, or Thailand.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate financial need.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.