The Whitney’s Museum of American Art is inviting applicants for the Summer Internship Program for the academic year 2020-21. Whitney’s intern program offers training and direct experience working in one of New York City’s most exciting museums.
The Whitney’s summer internship is a full-time, paid, nine-week session primarily for undergraduate students. The program includes training, direct work experience, professional development, and a mentorship program that connects interns with key Whitney staff.
Best internship for applicants
User Review( votes)
- Field of Internship: Administrations, Communications, Curatorial, Development, Digital Media, Education, Exhibitions and Collections Management, Finance and Treasury, Graphic Design, Information Technology, Library, Marketing, Publications and Registration
- Course Level: Internship
- Internship Provider: Whitney Museum of American Art
- An internship can be taken in the USA
- Priority consideration is given to rising juniors and seniors at accredited undergraduate programs
- Students must have completed two years of academic course work by the time the internship program begins. Rising juniors, seniors and graduating seniors will be considered.
- Certain positions may require graduate-level training and/or professional experience, noted in the department descriptions.
Internship Open for International Students: No
How to Apply: Applicants can submit their internship application to 99 Gansevoort Street New York, NY 10014 or e-mail it to [email protected]
- $5,000 stipend for full participation
- Interns are assigned to a specific museum department for the duration
- Weekly speaker series featuring curators and other museum professionals
- Field trips to other cultural institutions
- Interns spend a portion of their time working with Museum visitors
- Interns are partnered with a mentor
- Free admission to most New York City museums, regular employee discounts at the Museum restaurants and retail store as well as invitations to exhibition openings.
Internship Application Deadline: Application will open November 15, 2019, and closes on January 27, 2020