Applications are invited for Winton Scholarships for PhD Candidates Starting 2019 at university of Cambridge in UK. This scholarship is available for Home and Overseas students.
Cambridge is one of the best universities in the world, offering undergraduate degree courses in the arts and humanities, social sciences, sciences and engineering.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: December 5, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the area of the Physics of Sustainability.
- Scholarship Award: Awards will provide for all university and college fees due, maintenance at the current UK Research Council level (£14,777 per annum in 2018/19), and a contribution to research expenses. Awards may also be made to supplement part-support from other sources, with funding available for home and overseas students.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for Home and Overseas students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for Home and Overseas students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Fund Managers of the Winton Programme invite applications for Scholarships from those starting PhD study in the area of Physics of Sustainability from October 2019. To be eligible candidates must have a supervisor from the Department of Physics with co-supervisors in other departments permitted.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants should complete an Expression of Interest form (Click here to download form) and send to the Winton Programme by email (winton-at-phy.cam.ac.uk) by 5 December 2018 to express an interest in applying for a Winton Scholarship.
In addition, a two-page research proposal will need to be completed and submitted by 14 February 2019. The proposal needs to cover the scientific challenges this research would address and how the proposal fits with the board theme of the Physics of Sustainability and should include the following:
- Summary of the project (including name(s) of potential supervisors)
- Description of the project and state of the art
- Objectives of the project