Applications are invited for the Women in Humanities Postdoctoral Writing Fellowship at Oxford Research Centre in the Humanities. Citizens of UK are eligible for this fellowship program.
The aim of Fellowship is to explore how gender and sex play out in history, art, philosophy, music, language and literature, as well as the ethics and politics of gender identity and equality in the Humanities.
User Review( votes)
The Oxford Research Centre in the Humanities stimulates supports and promotes research activity of the very highest quality that transcends disciplinary and institutional boundaries, and engages with wider audiences.
The Oxford Research Centre in the Humanities (TORCH) hosted a range of interdisciplinary projects, collaborating with all 9 humanities faculties, departments in the sciences, and cultural organizations.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue the postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Award: A postdoctoral writing fellowship worth £5,000 is available to early career scholars within three years of the award of a doctorate Funding may be used for travel expenses, living expenses and research activities that will enable the Fellow to publish their doctorate or aspects of their doctoral work.
Number of Awards: Not Known.
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Fellowships are available to scholars working on women‡s lives, identities and representation in the humanities (broadly defined). They are open to postdoctoral scholars who have received their doctorate since 1 April 2014. Applicants who have had leave or career breaks to undertake caring responsibilities, or for ill-health, may have this taken into account. They should simply state how much time they have had away in their submission and, if possible, ask their referee to vouch for this.
Nationality: Citizens of UK can apply for the Fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be Doctorate.
How to Apply: Only applications which include all the above-mentioned documentation will be considered.
- Application process
- Outcomes of application & taking up an Award
- Applicants will be notified of the outcomes of their applications via email by 2nd June 2017.
- Successful applicants will be able to promote their projects through the Women in the Humanities – TORCH website as well as use rooms in the Radcliffe Humanities Building.
- The successful applicant will be required to engage in the intellectual life of WiH by attending and presenting a paper at a relevant research seminar series and by attending and initiating research activities within WiH. They will be required to produce a short report of the activities undertaken and their outcomes and, where possible, provide a visual record for use on the WiH website.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is Apr 21, 2017.