The Woodrow Wilson International Center is accepting applications from scholars, practitioners, journalists, and public intellectuals for this flagship international Fellowship Program.
The Center tries to ensure that the fellowship award when combined with the recipient’s other sources of income (e.g. other grants and sabbatical allowances), approximates an individual’s current level of income.
Best option to get higher education in USA with study fund.
User Review( votes)
The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars aims to unite the world of ideas to the world of policy by supporting pre-eminent scholarship and linking that scholarship to issues of concern to officials in Washington.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply is October 1.
- University or Organization: Woodrow Wilson International Center
- Department: NA
- Course Level: This is a nine-month residential fellowship program.
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Citizens or permanent residents from any country
- The program can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Citizens or permanent residents from any country are eligible to apply for these fellowships. (Applicants from countries outside the United States must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a J1 visa even if they are currently in the United States).
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Citizens or permanent residents from any country (applicants from countries outside the United States must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a J-1 visa even if they are currently in the United States)
- Men and women with outstanding capabilities and experience from a wide variety of backgrounds (including academia, business, government, journalism, and other professions)
- Academic candidates holding a PhD
- Academic candidates demonstrating scholarly achievement by publications beyond their doctoral dissertations
- English proficiency as the Center is designed to encourage the exchange of ideas among its fellow.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: A complete application must include the following:
- the Fellowship Application Form
- a current CV (Optional not to exceed three pages) The Center will only accept the first three pages; please list your publications separately.
- a list of your publications that includes exact titles, names of publishers, dates of publication, and status of forthcoming publications (not to exceed three pages)
- a Project Proposal (not to exceed five single-spaced typed pages, using the 12-point type)
- The Center reserves the right to omit from review applications that are longer than the requested page length
- a bibliography for the project that includes primary sources and relevant secondary sources (not to exceed three pages)
- the Financial Information Form.
- Two letters of reference
- Language Requirements: English proficiency as the Center is designed to encourage the exchange of ideas among its fellows.
- The Center tries to ensure that the fellowship award, when combined with the recipient’s other sources of income (e.g. other grants and sabbatical allowances), approximates an individual’s current level of income.
- Awards will also include round trip travel for fellows.
- If spouses and/or dependent children will reside with the fellow for the entire fellowship period, money for their travel will also be included.
- In addition to stipends and travel allowances, the Center provides 75 percent of health insurance premiums for fellows who elect Center coverage and for their accompanying family members.